The broad purpose of this occupation is to provide, design and implement bespoke treatment plans. These advanced treatments range from advanced manual therapies such as advanced massage techniques, technical therapies such as face and body electrical treatments, to meet and manage client needs and expectations. They implement organisational operations (salon business systems and processes, data protection) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, contribute to financial the effectiveness of the business, maintaining and maximising resources, (people, equipment and consumables).
Typical entry requirements would be following the study or completion of a Beauty Therapy Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard or equivalent to have the fundamental foundation of the job role.
- On-programme Assessment
- Compiling a portfolio
- End-point Assessment
- Method 1: Knowledge Test – Fail – Pass
- Method 2: Observation & Technology Demonstration – Fail – Pass – – Distinction
- Method 3: Professional Discussion (analysing portfolio) – Fail – Pass – Distinction
Upon successful completion apprentices will be eligible for the following job roles or further studies:
- A Level 4 course or apprenticeship in a similar discipline.
- Employment opportunities within a salon as an Advanced Beauty Therapist, Senior Therapist or
- Self-employment as a Beauty Therapist.
Currently due to COVID 19 we are teaching online learning. All of our classes are conducted through online Microsoft Teams or Zoom. All of our assessments are also submitted through online systems and feedback is provided to the learners. If any learners will need extra support, we will provide 1-to-1 tutorials to mee their learning needs. However, we will move towards campus-based studies upon the government guidelines and needs of our employers and apprentices.